Quite busy the last days and weeks. A lot of interesting conversions and discussions where the Telco industry is heading in mid- and long term.
Not able to join Digital Live Design (DLD)? Watch the videos under http://www.dld-conference.com/video.php
Watching the Broadband Session right now.
Winter wonderland in cologne.
- Growth continues, with almost three billion new mobile subscriptions expected through 2014
- Operators are increasingly focusing on network speed, with HSPA deployed in 130 countries today.
- There are signs of a shift in focus in the telecom industry from connecting places and people to connecting devices and applications.
- Mobile subscriptions grew by 163 million in the quarter to a total of 4.6 billion. In India alone, subscriptions grew by some 15 million per month during the fourth quarter.
- The global number of new WCDMA subscriptions is accelerating and grew by 38 million in the quarter to a total of 452 million, of which 185 million are estimated to be HSPA.
- In the third quarter, fixed broadband connections grew to 438 million, adding 15 million subscribers.
- For many large operators, mobile data revenues constitute 25% of total service revenues or more.
- There is continued good growth in professional services, fueled by operators’ desire to reduce operating expenses and improve efficiency in network operation and maintenance.
- The move toward all-IP and increased network complexity will create further demand for systems integration and consulting.
Im Moment würden weltweit täglich eine Milliarde Videos über das Portal angeschaut; bei einem Siebtel davon – also eine Milliarde Videos pro Woche – flössen Werbegelder an YouTube und darüber an die Rechteinhaber der Videos.
Will Google be regulated in the long term?
listening to Above and Beyond. Growing up with computers, video games, internet, mobile telephony. Electronic music seems to be part of my DNA.
Cisco released a Game. Looks like Sim City. You are managing a Service Provider! haha…awesome. The should brand the game as “Service Provider Tycoon”. I will give it try when i have the time
Nach Facebook und Twitter scheint ja Foursquare das nächste größere Ding zu werden. Was kommt danach?